A healthy digestive system plays a major role in promoting weight-loss and overall well-being.
In this post learn the specific ways your digestive system either slows or increases your weight-loss and practical tips on how to improve your gut health.
Kansas City Weight Loss Program
If you live in the Kansas City area we provide coaching that helps you lose weight and get results by teaching you healthy habits.
1-on-1 support includes daily accountability, personalized meal plans and product recommendations that will help support you in living a healthy, active lifestyle. Fill out the form on our coaching page to get started today!
The Importance Of A Healthy Digestion System
What do you think is the most important part of a healthy lifestyle?
Is it working out or fitness? Is it an adequate amount of sleep? Maybe it’s your emotions and how they effect how you feel?
In my opinion by far the most critical component towards the health of your physical body is your digestive system: how adequately it processes the foods you eat and absorbs the nutrients your body needs to function properly.
Your digestive system is what controls and regulates how everything you put into your body is moved and regulated. Your overall health and wellness is directly related to the effectiveness of your digestive system.
It also affects the abundance OR lack of energy you may feel on a daily basis. If your metabolism is slow and you always feel exhausted and out of energy, it is a sign that your digestion is not working properly to remove waste and toxins from your body.
The quickest way to promote quicker weight-loss results and increased energy levels is to begin to understand how your digestion system works and what habits you need to develop to promote healthy activity in your gut.
Healthy Diet For Weight-Loss
If you are having major problems with your gut health and digestion it is most likely causing you to continually gain weight and feel tired no matter what you eat.
The reason why probiotics are so popular right now is because everyone wants a quick-fix in the form of a pill to solve all of their issues for them.
I think probiotics are a great addition but NOT the main source to solve the underlying issue. Your digestive system is probably functioning so poorly because of the many previous years of over working to process foods that are not conducive to stomach health.
If your eating habits have been primarily highly processed and devoid of any nutritional value, your overall health has suffered highly from this.
Fast-foods like burgers and fries, packaged snacks like chips and crackers are extremely tough for your body to digest. Drinks like soda and sugary fruit juices are also detrimental and only tend to slower your metabolic rate.
So the main point here is to stress the fact that your diet, the nutritional value of the foods you feed your body is the most important part of promoting a healthy digestive system. Increase the quality of your food and you will increase the quality of your life.
This is how to most effectively promote healthy weight-loss results and more energy on a daily basis.
If you are having trouble with your digestive health and can’t seem to lose weight and maintain proper nutrition habits, see how our personal coaching can help you maintain a health lifestyle.
We teach you how to eat the right foods and provide you with accountability and a personalized meal plan to help you reach your weight-loss goals. Fill out the form on our coaching page to learn more.
How To Improve Your Digestive Health To Promote Weight-Loss
Increasing your health and well-being is going to be directly related to how well you can improve your digestive activity and to promote the health of your gut.
How can you do this most effectively to promote better weight-loss?
- Proper hydration. It will continue to come up again and again, but hydrating your body with water is by far the most important part of your physical health. You should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces each day. If your body is around 70% water, that should be a sign that it’s a critical component. Most of the illness or sickness you may be experiencing currently may be directly related to your body’s dehydration. Water is the most important life force your body needs for fuel and if you aren’t feeding it the correct amount, you will suffer. The book Your Body’s Many Cries For Water is a great source to learn much more about the effect of hydration on your physical health.
- High Nutrient Foods. Nothing will promote health and wellness like eating foods that aid with digestion. 70% of your diet SHOULD be coming from water rich foods: fruits and vegetables. These life-giving foods are filled with the water and nutrients your body needs to fuel your well-being. Without implementation of water-rich foods and essential nutrients the body and digestive system slow down which in turns promotes toxins and waste products to linger. Always focusing on foods and substances that cleanse your body rather than clog like processed and fast-foods. Cellular nutrition is so important and you can give your cells what they need by eating water-rich foods like fruits and vegetables.
- Understand Proper Fruit-Consumption. Like mentioned above, fruit is food that is extremely high in water content. Fruit is the perfect food because it takes the least amount of energy to digest and gives your body the most in return. It is 90-95% water so is completely cleanses your body. However, you must know how to properly consume fruit. It should ALWAYS be eaten on an empty stomach. The reason is that fruit is digested in the small intestine and not in the stomach. Fruit is designed to go right through the stomach in a few minutes and into the intestines, where it releases its sugars. If there is meat of potatoes or starch in the stomach, the fruit gets trapped there and begins to ferment. Always eat fruit on an empty stomach, and the best way is through freshly squeezed juice.
Healthy Products For Digestion And Weight-Loss
Now you understand how the digestive system either improves or hinders how your body functions and absorbs essential nutrients. You also are aware of tips and certain foods that boost your metabolism for effective weight-loss.
What are some products and supplements you can use to help aid in proper digestion?
- The Herbalife Quickstart Program is a great way to begin your weight-loss journey. It provides you with products like the formula 1 meal replacement shakes, the formula 2 multivitamin and the formula 3 cell activator which all go together to help your body get the right nutrients AND help your digestive system absorb the nutrients. Along with coaching from us which includes a personalized meal plan and daily accountability, you can use the quick start program to get on track towards your goals and take back your health.
- Active Fiber Complex is an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fibers that help boost your fiber intake for the day and increase digestive activity. It promotes regularity and minimizes bloating AND supports the growth of friendly bacteria. You only have to add this into 8 ounces of water OR into your meal replacement shake to easily add essential fiber into your diet and help promote healthy weight-loss.
- Herbal Aloe Concentrate is possibly my favorite product for digestive health. It helps soothe your stomach and supports nutrient absorption. It is a liquid form of aloe-vera and can be easily added into water, tea or any drink. It also helps relieve occasional indigestion and stomach pain.
Help your body promote healthy activity by soothing your stomach and increasing the quality of your diet through the foods you eat and proper hydration.
Nothing will boost your metabolism and help you burn calories like nutrient-dense foods, water and products that supplement your intake of fiber. The health of your body can be directly related to the health of your gut, so make sure you have the correct habits that promote healthy activity.
If you want to lose weight and promote healthy digestion activity in an effective way, learn more about our personal coaching and weight-loss programs that help support you on your journey to reach your goals of a healthy lifestyle. Learn more how we can help you on our coaching page!