If you are curious about what a vegetarian diet consists of and some of the benefits that go along with it then read further.
I want to share some insights into eating meat free and how it has positively affected our health and some of the reasons you may want to consider adopting the practice into your own life.
What Is A Vegetarian Diet?
Eating vegetarian is simply not eating anything that is directly a meat source. Eating no animals OR fish. No beef, no pork, no chicken, no lamb, no fish. It’s pretty simple but some people are confused by what it actually means.
As a vegetarian you can still eat eggs, butter, milk etc.
On the other hand, Vegan is not eating anything that comes from an animal source. Strictly only plants and non-meat sources of food.
Where Do Vegetarians Get Their Protein?
The most frequent question most people have surrounding the idea of vegetarianism is ‘how do vegetarians consume enough protein?’
To answer this I want to give a quick insight into an error a lot of society makes. Most people only see meat as protein and protein as meat.
What does this mean?
This means that they only view protein as a meat source. They don’t even know that protein comes from many other sources.
As vegetarians, we get more than an adequate amount of protein.
Vegetarian Protein Sources
To satisfy protein needs vegetarians eat:
- Vegetables like Broccoli and Peas
- Meal Replacement Shakes like the Formula 1 Healthy Meal
- Soy Beans or Edamame
- Sweet Potatoes
What Are The Benefits of Eating Vegetarian?
Overall I will share benefits we have seen personally from eating vegetarian opposed to consuming meat.
- We have seen much more energy on a daily basis by eating no meat and focusing on more fruits and vegetables in our diet. We have found from our experience that fruits and vegetables are much easier for our body to digest than meat sources.
- Both of us have been able to be at the healthiest weight we ever have because we don’t take in unnecessary amount of calories and unhealthy fats from animal sources.
- Because we have completely cut out eating meat from our diet it has forced us to eat even more vegetables, fruits and whole grains because to make up for those extra calories we used to eat with meat we have now added much more nutrition to our body on a daily basis.
- Digestive health has been much better and more frequent because of the fiber contained in plant-based foods.
Vegetarian Meal Plan
If becoming vegetarian still interests you after hearing the benefits and change of habits to make in eating meat free, we would like to offer you a proper meal plan to have the same results we have eating vegetarian and give you accountability on your new journey!
email@example.com – send us over an email and let us know how we can help achieve your goals and to properly make the switch to eating vegetarian!
If you thought this provided you value please comment or share this post on Facebook or with someone you know interested in becoming vegetarian!