This Salad Recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a super healthy lunch or dinner. Combine it with a green juice or lean protein for a healthy, filling and satisfactory meal.
Packed with nutrients, this salad will provide you with a boost of energy and the feeling of fullness that most salads can not. If you’re on a health journey or looking to lose weight or improve your health you have got to add this healthy salad to your repertoire.
Want more healthy recipes like these, meal prep ideas and what foods to shop for at the grocery store? We’d love to be your coaches.. Let us know how we can help!
Importance of Breakfast – Learn why breakfast is essential to proper health.
Tofu: To Eat, or Not to Eat? – Is Tofu a good protein source? Why or why not?
Easy and Healthy Salad Recipe
Are you a salad lover? Yeah me too!
However, I doubt you’ve had one this good and filling. This salad recipe doesn’t even begin to do this salad due diligence. With roasted sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots, this is no ordinary salad. Get ready to be blown away!!
Last mention is to have whatever salad dressing you prefer. I enjoyed Italian dressing with this kale and spinach salad and it was delicious. The choice is yours.
(All vegetables washed)
2 medium sized sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 2 inch squares)
1-2 cups Brussels sprout (cut in halves)
2-3 Carrots (peeled and sliced into round circles)
1 Red Pepper (chopped or diced)
1 Small Onion (chopped or diced)
1 Bunch Fresh Spinach
1/2 Bunch Fresh Spinach
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbs Garlic Powder
Preferred Salad Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots onto baking sheet. Mix thoroughly in olive oil and mix in salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place baking sheet in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes (Vegetables should be soft)
- While vegetables are in oven, combine kale and spinach in salad bowl and mix with preferred dressing, let sit for 10 mins.
- Cut red pepper and onion and combine with kale and spinach in salad bowl.
- When the vegetables are done roasting, let me cool for 5 mins. Then Transfer them from baking sheet into salad bowl.
- Add a very small amount more of preferred dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Top with desired amount of Avocado.
This salad is so tasty and especially good for a meal if you’re trying to lose weight consistently through proper eating habits (why diets don’t work). This easy and healthy salad will keep you full because of the amount of protein added with the sweet potatoes.
Does this healthy salad sound good? I would appreciate if you shared this with someone you know that’s looking for better healthy options!